Pallet Management Made Easy
We know pallets, so you don’t have to.
Ongweoweh Corp is a Native American-owned pallet management company that services private companies throughout the U.S. As a leading authority in pallet solutions, we simplify our clients’ pallet needs through our full-service management and optimization programs. Customers trust us because we provide quality products and services while maintaining competitive prices.
Let us handle your pallets so that you can focus on what you care about: your business strategy, goals, and team.
Our services span:
Our Mission & Values
It’s not enough to be a top pallet supplier for businesses nationwide. Ongweoweh is dedicated to developing mutually beneficial relationships with our customers and vendors based on the “Seventh Generation” philosophy.
The “Seventh Generation” philosophy was originally derived from the Iroquois Great Law of Peace, which acts as a moral code for great leaders. Our actions have an impact on our community, our land, and the future generations to come. How we conduct ourselves determines if we’ll leave a positive footprint.
Ongweoweh’s core values embody the Seventh Generation philosophy. And we rely on these guiding principles to help us build sustainable communities for all.
- Respect – As a minority-owned business, we understand that cultivating a diverse supplier network is key to raising equitability and success for all. Respect is the foundation of our relationships, and it allows us to take an inclusive and diverse approach to pallet management.
- Integrity – Honesty and transparency are at the forefront of every business practice. By maintaining a strong business ethic, our team strives to provide exceptional services at fair prices to our customers and build long-lasting relationships with our vendors.
- Stewardship – To be a steward of the land is to be responsible for the environment, resources, and people involved in your operation. Ongweoweh aims to improve the lives of our interconnected communities under the values of the Iroquois Great Law of Peace.
- Accountability – Values without accountability are empty promises. We stay accountable for all our business practices through annual quality management system (QMS) audits. And we use customer feedback to shape our processes.
Our History & Native American Roots
Frank Bonamie founded Ongweoweh Corp in 1978 with the goal of becoming a nationally recognized pallet supplier. As an enrolled member and former Chief of the Cayuga Indian Nation of New York State, Frank took pride in the company’s origins as a Native American business.
Ongweoweh pays homage to its Native American legacy through all parts of the businesses. The name “Ongweoweh” comes from an Iroquois word that loosely translates to “the original people.” Our headquarters are based in the traditional Cayuga homelands. And our progressive sustainability efforts stem from our commitment to the Seventh Generation philosophy.
Our practices seek to establish long-term financial health and lasting relationships with customers.
Ongweoweh and the Bonamie family have also honored their Native American heritage by supporting programs and scholarships that advance Native American communities.
When founder Frank Bonamie started to grow Ongweoweh, he helped convince Cornell University to recruit more Native American students. As a direct result, Cornell created the American Indian and Indigenous Studies Program (AIISP) in 1983 and established Akwe:kon in 1991, the first University residence hall in the U.S. that focused on Native American culture and issues.
Frank and his wife June would then establish the Frank Bonamie Enrichment Scholarship in 1998 to support AIISP students. This need-based program has been awarded annually since 2000.
Ongweoweh is certified as a/an:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprise (MBE) by the NY/NJ Minority Supplier Development Council, an affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Aboriginal-owned Company by the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
- Private corporation with majority minority ownership
QMS Quality Policy Statement
- Ongweoweh Corp, Ongweoweh Pooling, and Native Trax Logistics are committed to our quality management system. We serve as trusted advisers with a goal to provide 100% customer satisfaction and will continually improve the effectiveness of the quality management system. We aim to provide the correct product, with an on-time delivery at a competitive price. (12/04/2020 R.2)
ISO 9001:2015 Certification
Ongweoweh Corp is ISO 9001:2015 certified as of April 2016.
Intertek, Ongweoweh’s ISO QMS Registrar, performs annual Audits each year in the February-March time period to insure its Quality Management System is fully effective and in compliance to the Standard. Each of these took place after months of rigorous compliance checks, continual improvement exercises, training, and internal audits as part of our process to continue Ongweoweh’s commitment to excellence and 100% customer satisfaction.
ISO Scope Statement
Ongweoweh Corp, Ongweoweh Pooling, and Native Trax Logistics LLC focusing on pallet management and logistics services including:
- Account Administration
- Sales, Services and Recycling
- Pallet Design
- Vendor Management
- Freight Brokerage
- Supplier Diversity
– Ongweoweh Pooling LLC: specializing in rental and leasing pallet pools
– Native Trax Logistics LLC: specializing in freight brokerage and logistics
*Located in Ithaca, New York
– (3/31/2022 R.4)