Careers At Ongweoweh Corp
Ongweoweh Corp strives to recruit and retain the most highly qualified individuals to join our team. We have a strong commitment to diversity, and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
Ongweoweh Corp offers extensive benefits for all of their employee’s, covering generous health premiums for individuals and families in addition to providing vision, dental and life insurance. Ongweoweh Corp also provides benefits to qualified domestic partners (same and opposite sex). Our family atmosphere promotes a fun work environment with monthly fun day activities. We also serve our community with a charitable giving volunteer program.
Internships At Ongweoweh
Ongweoweh Corp offers internship opportunities to qualified college students in various departments. Interns gain hands-on experience while working on real-world projects and learning from some of the brightest minds in our industry. The Company also has an Internship Program geared toward Native American students as a means to provide Native youth with opportunities for professional development in business.
Manages customer account optimization strategies to meet assigned expectations of profitability. Acts as a primary liaison between customers, product suppliers and Ongweoweh while maintaining Company, logistics and industry standard requirements. Develops and maintains strong customer and vendor relationships to maximize profit and business potential. Leads solution development efforts that address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel. Evaluates customer’s packaging design and identifies deficiencies within a customer’s packaging related supply chain to promote solution focused business. Prepares business cases to capitalize on optimization initiatives and drive profit and value. Responsible for customer communications, conflict resolution and compliance on customer deliverables and revenue. Coordinates product management service and material price quotes for new and existing customers. Negotiates customer pricing, service terms and conditions and prepares customer contracts meeting Company profit and revenue requirements. Reviews and analyzes vendor RFQ’s and prepares customer recommendations for review. Travels to prospective & existing customer locations to establish and maintain customer relationships. Reviews customer needs and identify opportunities for business expansion. Performs on-site evaluation audits at vendor locations as requested by Vendor Management to optimize travel value. Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including customer service, accounting, and management and specialty services in order to meet account performance objectives and customer’s expectations. Maintains understanding of company capabilities and services, and effectively communicates all offerings to the customer. Maintains thorough knowledge of industry standards and export/import issues through continuing education, and participation in professional conferences, workshops. Acts as information resource and respond to customer inquiries on logistics and material handling issues. Creates and implements pallet designs that meet customer requirements using approved CAD program. Resolves vendor scheduling, delivery and quality issues as required to meet customer needs and business objectives. Creates and implements strategies to mitigate material or supplier cost variability.
Education and Experience:
•Associates degree in business, logistics, or related field required.
•Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or related field preferred.
•Minimum of 3 years of sales or account management experience preferred.
• Driver’s license. Enhanced driver’s license and/or passport preferred.
• Regular day and overnight travel to customer or vendor locations.
• Occasional weekend travel may be required.
• Ability to work overtime and be on-call as needed.
Equipment, Machines, and Software Used:
•Ability to operate various office equipment including computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, and photocopier.
•Computer Software: Sage 500, Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, and Excel. Crystal Reports (or similar report software). This list is subject to change with the evolution of company software and programs.
Accounting Clerk-Accounts Payable
Maintain accurate accounts payable records by reviewing and processing invoices for payment, posting transactions and preparing ledger entries. Act as a liaison between vendors and staff in the resolution of billing inquiries and/or disputes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)Process vendor invoices by matching original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders. Identify and reconcile discrepancies. Export/import grading and material invoices from NativeTrax to Sage500. Electronically enter accounts payable data into database for payment in a timely manner.Receive and respond to telephone and email inquiries from vendors and staff regarding accounts payable issues. Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts, and serve as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of billing disputes and inquiries.Responsible for efficiently completing check runs. Retrieve invoices and other papers off fax machine, from accounting bin and from AP email, date stamp, make copies and distribute to appropriate personnel. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties and projects as requested to support department and or organization objectives.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates degree in accounting or equivalent preferred.
• Two years of bookkeeping/accounting experience required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Equipment, Machines, and Software Used:
• Ability to operate various office equipment including computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, and photocopier.
• Computer Software: MAS500, SM Plus, Crystal Reports (or similar report software), and Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Computer proficiency including word processing, spreadsheets, and generating reports and graphs using standard software applications.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization structure.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-term goals.
• Resourcefulness in writing, recommending, and implementing policies and procedures throughout all levels of the organization.
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
• Excellence in interpersonal and communication skills, including writing and making effective presentations to internal and external top management officials.
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems in a timely manner.
• Leadership proficiency.
Job Type: Full-time, M-F